The best because:
- Dining out is fun and much of the city is singularly focused on just that.
- There are bargains to be had.
- Excellent local charities are supported.
The worst because:
- Restaurants that you usually count on for walk-in table availability are overbooked.
- Kitchens are focused on pushing out a large quantity of items from a special menu and quality sometimes suffers as a result.
- Average check totals are lower and if you are a server you typically hustle harder and make less on tips.
Let's address that last one because as a diner you can fix that problem with minimal pain and effort.